It is possible for me to point out that atheism agrees with Richard Dawkins that the world is, at bottom, made up of randomness and blind pitiless indifference. If I do so, then try to hold that atheism believes this and it permeates everything they do and believe, then they quickly respond to tell me that this is but one small aspect of their view, and they do not believe randomness and indifference applies to everything. Yet the same people are quick to latch on to a handful of Bible verses and try to portray God using the same method they just rejected. They maintain that a few verses portray what God is really like, without balancing the view with the rest of God’s statements or even reading the rest of the Bible to see what else God says about Himself. Perhaps we’d all better understand each other if we’d just read what the other had to say, rather than trying to falsely portray our opponents’ entire system by mischaracterizing a few passages.
- Did the Bible Copy From Pagan Virgin Birth Myths?
- Love God With All Your Mind
- Do the Details of Jesus Birth Agree in Matthew & Luke?
- Signers of the Declaration of Independence: McKean, Read, Bassett, Rush, Adams
- Signers of the Declaration of Independence: Charles Carroll, Samuel Adams, Richard Stockton